FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You earn JK Reward Points with every order. For every $1 you spend, you receive 10 points! 100 points equals $1. These points never expire and are located in your account. You can redeem them the next time you checkout by clicking the Apply Discount button.
Most products contain PES, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, VIP, VP3, and XXX. If you need another format, we suggest Wilcom’s FREE Truesizer program.
Once a product is purchased and payment is complete, a link will direct you to download the files. You can also download your files by logging into your account and visiting the Downloads page under the My Account tab. Your digital downloads do not expire and are unlimited.
We do not offer custom digitizing at this time. Creating new designs and maintaining our website keeps us pretty busy. We do love to hear your design ideas though; Joy often creates new designs inspired by our creative customers!
We can sometimes resize existing designs for customers if doing so does not compromise the integrity of the design. Please contact us if you have a sizing request.
If you are logged in while shopping, our site will tell you if you have already purchased a design. You will see a note under the design when scrolling through pages of products. Warnings DO NOT appear on the individual product page or in the shopping cart. If you make a duplicate purchase, we will be happy to credit your account with points so that you can purchase another design of equal value. Please use our contact form to send the following information:
- Order number
- Design(s) purchased twice
Resizing designs is NOT recommended. Each design is optimized to stitch out at its original size. If you do resize, you are doing so at your own risk, and testing the design on scrap fabric is recommended.
In order to spell words with downloaded alphabets, you must merge the individual letter files in an embroidery software program and then save it as a new file to transfer to your machine.
Some software programs allow you to import BX files to type and save names and words by using your keyboard (see more about BX fonts below).
For most other programs: Open the first letter of the word or name. Then use the software menu to “import” or “merge” the remaining letters, and then arrange them to spell the name. Save the new file in your machine’s format and transfer it to your machine.
Alphabet collections saved in BX format can be used as keyboard fonts so that you can type letters with your keyboard to spell words quickly and easily! The BX format can be used in Embrilliance programs as well as Babylock Designer’s Gallery EmbroideryWorks. These programs work on both Windows and Mac operating systems. There is a FREE program called Embrilliance Express that you can install to use these fonts.
Some software programs can be particular about PES file versions. There are currently several different versions of PES files. You can try to correct your error by checking for any updates to your software program. You can also import a non-PES format into your software and re-save it as a PES file. You can also skip your embroidery software altogether and send the design directly to your machine to avoid any software conflicts.
In order to be fair to all of our customers, we are unable to extend our sales beyond the expiration date and time advertised.
Due to the electronic nature of our products, refunds are not offered.
If you sell embroidered items, you may use our images, but you are not allowed to remove our watermark.
You may not use Joy Kate Designs’ images to create printed paper items, screen printed items, heat transfers, web design graphics, logos, ribbon, or other derived items.
You may not change, add to, delete parts of, or alter Joy Kate Designs’ images to create printed paper items, screen printed items, heat transfers, web design graphics, logos, ribbon, or any other derived items.
The copyright and ownership of all design files is held with all rights reserved by Joy Kate Designs. You are granted a single-user license to use the design files when you purchase or download designs from Joy Kate Designs. You may not lend, give, share, or sell Joy Kate Designs’ digital files to anyone else, and you may not include these files with any other sale. You may stitch Joy Kate designs on finished projects for personal use, gifts, or for sale by your small business.
A. What you may do with Joy Kate Designs’ files:
- You may stitch Joy Kate designs on finished projects for personal use.
- You may stitch Joy Kate designs on finished projects for gifts.
- You may stitch Joy Kate designs on finished projects for sale by your small business.
- You may edit or resize Joy Kate designs files, but the altered file remains the property of Joy Kate Designs.
B. What you may NOT do with Joy Kate Designs’ files:
- You may not use Joy Kate design files in mass production in a factory setting.
- You may not transfer Joy Kate design files to any other person or group.
- You may not lend, give, share, or sell Joy Kate design files to anyone else. You may not include Joy Kate design files with any other sale.
- You may not change, add to, delete parts of, or alter Joy Kate design files and then call them your own.
- You may not change, add to, delete parts of, or alter Joy Kate design files and then transfer, share, or sell the modified design or design elements to any other person or group.
- You may not trace or copy Joy Kate Designs’ original artwork and call it your own and/or sell it. Converting our artwork into a clipart, watercolor, or other image is strictly prohibited.
- Fonts may not be combined with other designs to be shared or resold in any form except as embroidered goods.
- You may not send Joy Kate design files via email or by any other method to any person or group.
- You may not share your www.JoyKateDesigns.com login information with any person or group.